Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default ASAP Function

I am trying to count and cells that have a number "11" in the cell and is
colored red.
The following formula, will count all cells that are red... but I only want
it to look at the cells with the "11". How do I do that?

=ASAPCountByFontColor(E5:E17,3)

Jane.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I'm not really fimiliar with UDF's but should work with SUMPRODUCT, try:

=SUMPRODUCT((ASAPCountByFontColor(E5:E17,3))*(E5:E 17=11))

HTH
Jean-Guy

"Help" wrote:

I am trying to count and cells that have a number "11" in the cell and is
colored red.
The following formula, will count all cells that are red... but I only want
it to look at the cells with the "11". How do I do that?

=ASAPCountByFontColor(E5:E17,3)

Jane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

It's possible UDF's are stand alone formula, I"m not an expert so can't say
for sure. It might help to know why the cells are red, is there any
particular reason why the're painted red?

Regards!
Jean-Guy

"Help" wrote:

I am trying to count and cells that have a number "11" in the cell and is
colored red.
The following formula, will count all cells that are red... but I only want
it to look at the cells with the "11". How do I do that?

=ASAPCountByFontColor(E5:E17,3)

Jane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you put
=ASAPCountByFontColor(E5:E17,3)
in a cell by itself
Then select that cell
Hit F2, then F9
Then look at the formula bar

What do you see?

Do you see a single digit or do you see an array: ={1,3,6,1,3,1...}

If you see a single digit, then the ASAPCountByFontColor won't work in an array
formula like you want.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you put
=ASAPCountByFontColor(E5:E17,3)
in a cell by itself
Then select that cell
Hit F2, then F9
Then look at the formula bar

What do you see?

Do you see a single digit or do you see an array: ={1,3,6,1,3,1...}

If you see a single digit, then the ASAPCountByFontColor won't work in an arry
formula like you want.