Rita

Default I NEED TO KNOW ASAP

How many rows and columns are in one spreadsheet of excel?
Fredrik Wahlgren

"Rita" wrote in message
How many rows and columns are in one spreadsheet of excel?

There are 256 columns and 65526 rows.

/Fredrik

Ron Coderre

256 columns
65536 rows

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
256 columns
65536 rows

Right. I made a typo.

/Fredrik

Rita

Okay I got two different answers for rows. One said 65,536 and the other
65,526...so what is it? I really need to know for class, this is extremely
important...thank you

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"Rita" wrote in message
How many rows and columns are in one spreadsheet of excel?

There are 256 columns and 65526 rows.

/Fredrik

Rita

Are we talking Excel 2003 Professional

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

256 columns
65536 rows

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote in message

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
256 columns
65536 rows

Right. I made a typo.

/Fredrik

Excel 95 had 16384 rows. Excel 97 increased this number to 65535. It hasn't
changed. I have Excel 2003 and checked to be sure.

7Fredrik

Rita

Well that answered my ? about the rows, thank you. But I noticed that I
cannot do that to find out the number of columns....

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Rita

It is 65536 rows by 256 columns, but why not go to an empty sheet and press
Ctrl+arrow down for yourself... there's your answer!

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"Rita" wrote in message
How many rows and columns are in one spreadsheet of excel?

There are 256 columns and 65526 rows.

/Fredrik

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Rita" wrote in message
Well that answered my ? about the rows, thank you. But I noticed that I
cannot do that to find out the number of columns....

Rita,
there are only 256 columns. If you want to verify, just press the right
arrow key until you don't get any further. Then enter =COLUMN()

/Fredrik

Gord Dibben

Rita

HelpAnswer WizardSpecifications (or limits)will give you all the specs for
Excel including rows and columns.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:01:02 -0700, "Rita"
wrote:

Are we talking Excel 2003 Professional

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

256 columns