Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default ASAP Function

If you put
=ASAPCountByFontColor(E5:E17,3)
in a cell by itself
Then select that cell
Hit F2, then F9
Then look at the formula bar

What do you see?

Do you see a single digit or do you see an array: ={1,3,6,1,3,1...}

If you see a single digit, then the ASAPCountByFontColor won't work in an array
formula like you want.

Help wrote:

No, that didn't work. Now it's counting everytime it sees an "11"

"pinmaster" wrote:

Hi,

I'm not really fimiliar with UDF's but should work with SUMPRODUCT, try:

=SUMPRODUCT((ASAPCountByFontColor(E5:E17,3))*(E5:E 17=11))

HTH
Jean-Guy

"Help" wrote:

I am trying to count and cells that have a number "11" in the cell and is
colored red.
The following formula, will count all cells that are red... but I only want
it to look at the cells with the "11". How do I do that?

=ASAPCountByFontColor(E5:E17,3)

Jane.

--

Dave Peterson