Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default calculating dates automatically

I would like to make a template that allows me to enter a date in to one
column and have the second column automatically calculate the date that
occurs 5 days later. If anyone can help me with setting this up I would
REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks for your time,
Megan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Megan" wrote in message
I would like to make a template that allows me to enter a date in to one
column and have the second column automatically calculate the date that
occurs 5 days later. If anyone can help me with setting this up I would
REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks for your time,
Megan

Simple! To get the date five days after the date in A1, use
=A1+5

If Excel doesn't do it automatically for you, format the cell with this
formula in it with a date format of your choice.

You can then simply copy this formula down as far as you need.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Megan,

With a date in A1 put this in B1

=A1+5

If you want it without a formula right click the sheet tab, view code and
paste this in:-

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Or IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then 'change to suit
'Ensure target is a date
If IsDate(Target) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Target.Value + 5
Application.EnableEvents = True

Mike
"Megan" wrote:

I would like to make a template that allows me to enter a date in to one
column and have the second column automatically calculate the date that
occurs 5 days later. If anyone can help me with setting this up I would
REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks for your time,
Megan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Megan wrote:
I would like to make a template that allows me to enter a date in to one
column and have the second column automatically calculate the date that
occurs 5 days later. If anyone can help me with setting this up I would
REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks for your time,
Megan

Enter date in cell A1
in next cell enter =A1+5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
no big mystery. dates are stored as numbers. all you have to do is add 5....
if data entered is in A column and add date is in column B then in column B
put...
=IF(A2="","",A2+5)
format as date.

regards