Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tk

Default Stop cell from automatically calculating

I have a spreadsheet that I send to other people and it has a cell that has
today's date in it (now() function). I don't want this date to change after
I have sent the spreadsheet. I have tried locking the cell and protecting
the spreadsheet, but the cell still calculates a new date every time it is
opened. Is there a way to not have one cell recalculate? I can turn off
automatic calculations, but this is not practical. Any ideas would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

Hi tk. The only way I can think of is to copypaste specialvalue before
sending. Perhaps one of the MVP's could provide some event code so that when
you close the file it would do it for you and then when you re open the file,
insert the Now () function back in. I'm afraid my skills are not at that
level - yet. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin