Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kar kar is offline

Default file replace

I have 3 users working on a series of linked Excel files all feeding to a
final output file (STRATEGY OUTCOME 2007 WIP.xls). The files are not shared.

Last night one of the user A had the final output file open (STRATEGY
OUTCOME 2007 WIP.xls) - she had full access. User B saved one of the "sub
files" (DRAFT MODEL 061107.xls) and closed it. When he then opened the Final
Output file (STRATEGY OUTCOME 2007 WIP.xls) - it had been overwritten by the
Sub File (DRAFT MODEL 061107.xls) .

As another user had the output file open (and was able to make changes and
save it) - how could this have happened ?
--
Kar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When saving files, the person might have clicked 'SAVE AS' and would
have selected the wrong file.

AQIB RIZVI
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kar kar is offline

Hi

But if someone else already had the file opn - how could they overwrite the
file ?

Thanks
--
Kar