Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Replace Book 1 When Opening File in Excel

When Excel opens, a blank workbook automatically opens as book 1. In
previous office versions and still in the other office 2007 applications
(word, powerpoint) when you open an existing file, the blank file gets
replaced with the file you open. In Excel 2007 this does not happen, when
you open a file, it opens seperately and you still have book 1. Is there any
way that you can change this so that book 1 gets replaced with the file you
open?

Any help would be much appreciated!