Hoochi Coochi Man

Default Increase Number of Worksheets

Hi
I need to increase the total number of worksheets beyond the 256 max. I have
seen some code to do this in other threads but I dont know where to begin
with actually entering it! Be v. grateful for a step-by-step advise on
resetting the max, say to 300 or 350.
Many thanks and regards
Frank Kabel

Hi
in later Excel versions the number of sheets is only restricted by your
memory. though depending of the size of each individual sheet I'd guess 256
is a little bit too much.
BTW: For what do you need so many sheets?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Hoochi Coochi Man wrote:
Hi
I need to increase the total number of worksheets beyond the 256 max.
I have seen some code to do this in other threads but I dont know
where to begin with actually entering it! Be v. grateful for a
step-by-step advise on resetting the max, say to 300 or 350.
Many thanks and regards

JE McGimpsey

You can add an unlimited (well, limited by your machine's memory) number
of worksheets, but only 255 at a time. You can't reset that max.

If you have a workbook with 255 sheets, you can select 45 sheets and
choose Insert/Worksheets to get to 300.

In article ,
"Hoochi Coochi Man" wrote:

I need to increase the total number of worksheets beyond the 256 max. I have
seen some code to do this in other threads but I dont know where to begin
with actually entering it! Be v. grateful for a step-by-step advise on
resetting the max, say to 300 or 350.

Hoochi Coochi Man

Hi Frank
I ned so many because I have built a rather amssive model of the performance
of different shops and I need it to be in one workbook as there are lots of
summary calculations. I am on version Excell 2002 and it does seem to be
limited.
Cheers
Keith