antho10359

Default Use Julian Date To Create Serial Number

I am trying to find a way to create a unique serial number based upon the
current julian date + an increment counter.

I have sort of done this however the julian date function is not static and
all the serial numbers change each day. I need to create be able to create
the serial number (maybe by clicking on a cell) and then once the number
populates the cell, it remains fixed.

Any suggested would be welcome.
Frank Kabel

Hi
you have to use an event procedure for this. See:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"antho10359" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
I am trying to find a way to create a unique serial number based upon

the
current julian date + an increment counter.

I have sort of done this however the julian date function is not

static and
all the serial numbers change each day. I need to create be able to

create
the serial number (maybe by clicking on a cell) and then once the

number
populates the cell, it remains fixed.

Any suggested would be welcome.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:05:01 -0800, "antho10359"
wrote:

I am trying to find a way to create a unique serial number based upon the
current julian date + an increment counter.

I have sort of done this however the julian date function is not static and
all the serial numbers change each day. I need to create be able to create
the serial number (maybe by clicking on a cell) and then once the number
populates the cell, it remains fixed.

Any suggested would be welcome.

First you need to define what you mean by a Julian date.

The dictionary definition is a serial number equal to the number of days
elapsed since January 1, 4713 B.C., proposed by Joseph Scaliger in 1582 and
used in astronomical calculations.

So today's Julian date, at noon, would be 2453348.

--ron
JE McGimpsey

Note: That's noon, UT. <g

In article ,

So today's Julian date, at noon, would be 2453348.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:53:34 -0700, JE McGimpsey wrote:

UT

Of course!

--ron