Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default mouse trouble in excel

I use excel 2003 at work and when I try to right click on a cell to get the
copy paste menu nothing happens in any cell. I checked it in work and it
works fine as well as in diffrent programs we use. It only fails to work in
excel is there a option that has been disabled?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FC FC is offline

Hi, I could think of 2 things so far.
1- Either the workbook or worksheet is protected or
2- You have "Excel Viewer" at work that will not allow you to do nothing but
view and print.
Try toolprotectionunprotect for the first option.
For the second, you'll have to install regular excel, not viewer.

"tatertatum" wrote:

I use excel 2003 at work and when I try to right click on a cell to get the
copy paste menu nothing happens in any cell. I checked it in work and it
works fine as well as in diffrent programs we use. It only fails to work in
excel is there a option that has been disabled?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

we have full copys of office including full excel not viewer and second im
working with a new workbook and I have not protected it. i can go to edit and
click copy and paste it just wont open the menu when I right click in a cell.

"tatertatum" wrote:

I use excel 2003 at work and when I try to right click on a cell to get the
copy paste menu nothing happens in any cell. I checked it in work and it
works fine as well as in diffrent programs we use. It only fails to work in
excel is there a option that has been disabled?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right click is a menu that can be disabled via code. It is a persistent
setting so once set it can only be reversed via code... Right click on a
sheet tab and select view code. Paste the following code. Run the code with
the play button...

Sub test()
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson