Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mac Mac is offline

Default Excel 2003 chart lines are too thin

The lines are the same size as the x & y axis. I found the weight but it
only has 4 selections and no more selection. My girlfriend has 2007 and the
weight had MORE for a selection.

How do I make the lines on the bar chart thicker?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Purchase 2007.

With 2003 you're stuck with the 4 available.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:11:00 -0800, Mac wrote:

The lines are the same size as the x & y axis. I found the weight but it
only has 4 selections and no more selection. My girlfriend has 2007 and the
weight had MORE for a selection.

How do I make the lines on the bar chart thicker?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mac Mac is offline

2007 is not recommended for work or college. There has to be a way to make
the lines display wider in 2003.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Purchase 2007.

With 2003 you're stuck with the 4 available.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:11:00 -0800, Mac wrote:

The lines are the same size as the x & y axis. I found the weight but it
only has 4 selections and no more selection. My girlfriend has 2007 and the
weight had MORE for a selection.

How do I make the lines on the bar chart thicker?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You want the borders of the bars or columns wider? Why? If the bars are not
distinct enough, use a darker fill color. Lately in my bar and column
charts, I don't use borders on the bars at all.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

wrote:

The lines are the same size as the x & y axis. I found the weight but
it
only has 4 selections and no more selection. My girlfriend has 2007 and
the
weight had MORE for a selection.

How do I make the lines on the bar chart thicker?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mac Mac is offline

I don't understand the question. I would like for the bars representing the
data to be wider. Currently, they are about the same as the x & y axis.

Is there a way?

wrote:

The lines are the same size as the x & y axis. I found the weight but
it
only has 4 selections and no more selection. My girlfriend has 2007 and
the
weight had MORE for a selection.

How do I make the lines on the bar chart thicker?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The bars are too narrow? You said the lines were too narrow.

Double click on a set of bars, and on the Options tab, reduce the gap width.
If you still can't get them narrow enough, it probably means your X values
are dates, and you're only taking one point every week. If this is the case,
go to the Chart menu Chart Options Axes tab, and change the Category (X)
Axis to Category.

- Jon
-------