Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Button properties blank: protection problem?

From the 'controls toolbox', I select a button, right-click, and select
'properties'. A dialog comes up, but it's blank. My understanding is
that this is because something is protected. However, ...

- AFAICT, the sheet is not locked. As in, menubar <tools - protection
just shows "protect sheet" - no "unprotect".

- Other editing of the button is allowed: I can re-size it, move it,
edit the name ('commandButton object'), etc.

I do use protection in this workbook. Other WB's, w/o protection, do
not have this problem.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm kind of out of bullets.

TIA,
George

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've never seen that behavior.

But I have seen a problem that when the commandbutton is added to a worksheet
via code, then when I rightclick on the commandbutton, neither Properties nor
Show Code is showing (but an option to Show Picture toolbar is shown).

But I can get to the properties dialog via the button on the control toolbox
toolbar. Select the commandbutton first, then click that properties button on
the toolbar.

Maybe it'll help for you???

From the 'controls toolbox', I select a button, right-click, and select

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:00:09 -0600, Dave Peterson
wrote:

I've never seen that behavior.

But I have seen a problem that when the commandbutton is added to a worksheet
via code, then when I rightclick on the commandbutton, neither Properties nor
Show Code is showing (but an option to Show Picture toolbar is shown).

But I can get to the properties dialog via the button on the control toolbox
toolbar. Select the commandbutton first, then click that properties button on
the toolbar.

Maybe it'll help for you???

No - that does the same thing.

George

George wrote:

From the 'controls toolbox', I select a button, right-click, and select
'properties'. A dialog comes up, but it's blank. My understanding is
that this is because something is protected. However, ...

- AFAICT, the sheet is not locked. As in, menubar <tools - protection
just shows "protect sheet" - no "unprotect".

- Other editing of the button is allowed: I can re-size it, move it,
edit the name ('commandButton object'), etc.

I do use protection in this workbook. Other WB's, w/o protection, do
not have this problem.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm kind of out of bullets.

TIA,
George

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:16:12 -0600, Dave Peterson
wrote:

Sorry, I don't have another guess.

If you delete the commandbutton and re-add it, does it behave nice?

Problem solved, though I don't understand why: I have VBA code for this
WB, and VB is password protected. Once I opened the VB window (and
entered the password), the buttons' properties became visible. Probably
that makes sense.

Anyway, thanks,
George