Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default button properties

how to stop assigning macros to buttons by others ?

how can I edit macros which are hide ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

#1. Maybe you could protect the worksheet (tools|Protection|protect sheet)

#2. Don't got through tools|macro|macros dialog.
Open the VBE (alt-f11 is one way)
and just edit those macros directly.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thank you Dave , but
1) button is placed by Forms tool bar , even though work sheet is protected
macros are assigning to button(by right click on button and assign macros)
2)macros are hide with " Private Sub ( ) " , in VBE editor also those hide
macros are not visible to edit .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I used xl2003 and when I protected the worksheet, I couldn't rightclick on the
forms button placed on the worksheet.

If I allowed the user to edit objects, then I could assign a different macro.
So I didn't allow this.

And those macros are not visible in the Tools|Macros|macro dialog, but they can
be seen in the VBE. Maybe the workbook's project is protected and you have to
provide a password to see them???????