Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
George[_3_] George[_3_] is offline

Default Button properties blank: protection problem?

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:11:32 GMT, George wrote:

I should add: Excel 2002.

From the 'controls toolbox', I select a button, right-click, and select
'properties'. A dialog comes up, but it's blank. My understanding is
that this is because something is protected. However, ...

- AFAICT, the sheet is not locked. As in, menubar <tools - protection
just shows "protect sheet" - no "unprotect".

- Other editing of the button is allowed: I can re-size it, move it,
edit the name ('commandButton object'), etc.

I do use protection in this workbook. Other WB's, w/o protection, do
not have this problem.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm kind of out of bullets.

TIA,
George