Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting data on a worksheet for different users (shifts)

We have one worksheet with a list of people that need to be called at
different times of the week and/or day. We have a code for each shift and
can do a manual data sort to view the list for a particular shift.

The challenge is that our users not knowlegable on doing data sorts in excel.

What we would like to do is set up 21 buttons corresponding to our 21
shifts. Then when an employee comes on board, they simply push the
appropriate button and the sheet is sorted so the data they need is on the
top.

I think this can be done with Macros, but don't know how to do this or if
this is the easiest way to make this happen. I could sure use some direction
on this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This makes sense. The user would only see the data relevant to their shift.
If you have some direction on this or a simple example that would be great!

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Have you thought about using Data | Filter
This would be easier for user; they just pick their shift code
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ron Zack" <Ron wrote in message
We have one worksheet with a list of people that need to be called at
different times of the week and/or day. We have a code for each shift and
can do a manual data sort to view the list for a particular shift.

The challenge is that our users not knowlegable on doing data sorts in
excel.

What we would like to do is set up 21 buttons corresponding to our 21
shifts. Then when an employee comes on board, they simply push the
appropriate button and the sheet is sorted so the data they need is on the
top.

I think this can be done with Macros, but don't know how to do this or if
this is the easiest way to make this happen. I could sure use some
direction
on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Send me a private message and I will send you a file
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP