Tom77

Default Excel shifts to wrong worksheet automatically

I am copying data from one excel file to another. When I attempt to paste
the data to worksheet 3 of the 2nd file, the 2nd file automatically shifts to
worksheet 1. I then have to switch to worksheet 3 again before I can paste.
It is very annoying. Is there anyway to get Excel to not shift away from
worksheet 3 until I tell it to? If I could I'd paste all of the data in one
block, but I can't so I have to switch back and forth between files and all
the extra sheet shifting is time consumming and frustrating. Any help is
appreciated.

dave

If it is only data that you are copying and pasting, you
could just link the first cell of the top left location
where you want the data in the 2nd spreadsheet, and copy
down and over until all the data appears. Why waste your
time copying and pasting.

Don't forget to remove the anchor (convert $c$1 to c1 in
first link) before copying down and over.

hth,
Dave

.