MG

Default Prompting users for data entry in a worksheet

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to record or program a macro that will prompt the
user with a question for a cell (eg" What is the Client's name?") so they can
enter the text which will be the content of the cell?
Thanks very much.
Michelle.
Dave Peterson

You could use a macro:

Option Explicit
sub GetName()
worksheets("sheet1").range("a1").value _
= inputbox(Prompt:="What is the client's name?")
end sub

You could even call this routine Auto_Open(). Then it'll run as soon as the
workbook opens.

But if you're gonna start getting lots of info from the user, you may want to
use a UserForm.

Debra Dalgleish has a small tutorial at:
http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

Or just use cells in the workbook (with nice descriptions in the adjacent
cells).

--

Dave Peterson