Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default When editing a funciton wheel mouse stops

I havea fairly simple excel sheet, that ever now and then I want to change
data in.

So for example in cell A2 I will have a sum total.

Now if I want to change that to be that a2 now equals the original sum +
another cell , I click in a2, click at the end of the fucntio in the text bar
and hit the + symbol....now to get that cell that is off the current view
(i.e. B785)....I can no longer scroll with my wheel mouse to go down to that
cell and click on it. I now have to go over to the side scroll bar, click and
drag that, then find my cell. click it and so on.

Just a bit on the tedious side - is there a reason for this disabling of the
wheel mouse?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First goto

Tools Options General Tab

and make sure that "Zoom on roll with IntelliMouse is unselected

If problem contiune to occur it might have something to do with your mouse,
try reinstalling the driver for your mouse and that should solve your problem.

By default, Excel allows you to scroll with 3rd button scroll wheel.

PS: You should also be able to scroll down by pressing in the 3rd
Button/Wheel on the mouse. Just click and drag

--
If this reply was helpful, please indicate that your question has been
answered to help others find anwsers to similar questions.

www.silverbirddesigns.com

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2009

"Nic Bowker" wrote:

I havea fairly simple excel sheet, that ever now and then I want to change
data in.

So for example in cell A2 I will have a sum total.

Now if I want to change that to be that a2 now equals the original sum +
another cell , I click in a2, click at the end of the fucntio in the text bar
and hit the + symbol....now to get that cell that is off the current view
(i.e. B785)....I can no longer scroll with my wheel mouse to go down to that
cell and click on it. I now have to go over to the side scroll bar, click and
drag that, then find my cell. click it and so on.

Just a bit on the tedious side - is there a reason for this disabling of the
wheel mouse?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok, I should point out that i'm using Excel 2007 - so that rreally useful bit
of menus that were labelled has also gone (a major bugbear for me to be
honest).

By hook and by crook I found the zoom on scroll malarky and that did nothing.

I've checked my mouse driver and it's the altest one available and still
nothing.

Anyone got any ideas at all? I mean is it at least happening to anyone else?