Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Enter date on one worksheet, pull data from another

I'm trying to set up a fomula or macro that will allow me to enter a date on
one sheet, then find the date on another sheet within the same workbook.
Then, copy certain cells within that column and paste them to certain cells
within the sheet which I entered the date to begin with.

What I have is a sheet with a large amount of data (the sheet I want to pull
data from) and another sheet that would showcase only a portion of the data.

The goal is to be able to enter a date in the one sheet and automatically
pull data from the other sheet and paste it where appropriate.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH are the common ways of achieving this, but it
sounds as if you might have multiple rows of data with the same date,
and both of these approaches only return the first occurence which
matches. There other ways of doing this, however, but it would help if
you could describe how your data is laid out and what you want to
achieve in more detail.

Pete

On Nov 8, 10:08 pm, Shoney wrote:
I'm trying to set up a fomula or macro that will allow me to enter a date on
one sheet, then find the date on another sheet within the same workbook.
Then, copy certain cells within that column and paste them to certain cells
within the sheet which I entered the date to begin with.

What I have is a sheet with a large amount of data (the sheet I want to pull
data from) and another sheet that would showcase only a portion of the data.

The goal is to be able to enter a date in the one sheet and automatically
pull data from the other sheet and paste it where appropriate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Okay, The data in the "main" worksheet is laid out as follows, for example:

Column A Column B
11/1/07 11/02/07
Expected Paint Sales 10000 10000
Actual Paint Sales 9000 11000
Variance % (Expected v.Actual) 10% -10%

The data in the other sheet looks like this, for example

Column A Column B
Date: (enter date here, let's say I
entered 11/1/07)
Expected Paint Sales (number from 11/1)
Actual Paint Sales (number from 11/1)

Then if I entered 11/2/07 into the date cell, it would pull up only the
desired data for that date and so on and so forth.

Thank you for any help you can provide.