Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how many columns are included in a standard sort in Excel?

I have an Excel worksheet that is 34 columns wide. When I sorted the rows
(without highlighting it), only the first 24 columns got included in the
sort. I save the data before realizing this happened so now my information
is thoroughly messed up.

Does anyone know why Excel didn't include all 34 columns? Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jen

Excel takes a stab at the usedrange and this is normally the contiguous
block of data emanating from the activecell. It is not uncommon for Excel to
get this wrong, so selection is always the best course to avoid doubt. I
suspect the data you have was seen as having gaps basically

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

UK Excel User Conference In Cambridge