Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jannkatt

Default prevent column from being included in sort in Excel

Is there any way to prevent one column from being included in a sort in Excel
2002? I have a spreadsheet with a hyperlink in column A. This hyperlink
points to path that is a formula based on the contents of column B using a
relative reference. When columns B-J are sorted, the hyperlink still points
to the correct cell in column B. For example, cell A1 points to cell B1,
cell A2 points to cell B2, etc. However, when column A is included in the
sort range, the hyperlink treats the formula as an absolute and points to the
row where the original B cell is now located. For example, cell A1 points to
cell B35. This is not correct.

This spreadsheet will be used by many users who have to be able to sort. I
need a way to avoid the spreadsheet getting totally messed up especially
since there are over 14,000 rows.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you.