Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default use of DCOUNT formula

I have a grid of False's with True's placed randomly in some the cells, with
the first row cells being all merged.
my aim is to count the number of trues in each row minus the merged row
however if I follow the intructions for the use of the formula it comes up
with a #VALUE! error. I am putting the merged cell as the database, the
individual rows as a field and True as the criteria.

how do i get the formula working and/or what other formula do i use?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Remove the merged cells, it's the most devious of all design flaws in Excel.
AND if you happen to use it, only use it where it cannot affect any other
things like a to header.
It will always come back and haunt you.

Besides, DCOUNT is an archaic function, you can use COUNTIF or SUMPRODUCT
instead but after you have removed the merged cells

Peo Sjoblom