Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default DCount help

I am trying to implement a count function to count the number of instances
of the number 1 in the column "Venue"

I believe this requires the use of a DCount function but i am having trouble
implementing it.

could somebody hepl and provide an example of how to do it that i can copy
and alter. I basically want to count the instances of the number 1 in cells
D2 through to D2000)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Try
=COUNTIF(D2:D2000,1)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Engels" wrote in message

I am trying to implement a count function to count the number of
instances
of the number 1 in the column "Venue"

I believe this requires the use of a DCount function but i am having
trouble
implementing it.

could somebody hepl and provide an example of how to do it that i can
copy
and alter. I basically want to count the instances of the number 1 in
cells
D2 through to D2000)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That works great thanks can you now help me with a complication.

I want to do the follwing using the COUNTBLANK function: I'll write it as
logically as i can:

Count Blank Cells in D2:Dxxx
Where Dxxx = same row as first blank in A2:A2000

in other words i want to count the number of blank fields in the column but
i don't know how many records i will have each time the formula is used the
entry in column A will confirm if there is a record or not (it's a required
field)