Chris E.

Default Exporting to Excel

My Access 2002's export interface (ISAM) seems to be associated with earlier
versions of Excel and limits the numbers of rows that can be exported to
16,000. How do I fix it so that I can export more rows?
CyberTaz

Among the less technical ideas, you might first confirm that all current
updates and Export filters have been installed. AFAIK, Access '02 should be
able to export more than 16,000 records if the appropriate filters are
available... unless you mean that an older Excel format must be used.

You might also consider exporting as a text file & then importing that to
Excel as a workaround.

Keep checking back, as there may be other ways involving VBA that will
bypass the limit.

Good Luck |:)

"Chris E." wrote:

My Access 2002's export interface (ISAM) seems to be associated with earlier
versions of Excel and limits the numbers of rows that can be exported to
16,000. How do I fix it so that I can export more rows?

Myrna Larson

Are you selecting the right Excel format when you export? When I export data
from Access 2002, if I choose Excel 97-2002 format, I get more than 16,000
rows. If I choose any of the other Excel formats, including 5-7, I get only
16384.

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:17:02 -0800, "Chris E."
wrote:

My Access 2002's export interface (ISAM) seems to be associated with earlier
versions of Excel and limits the numbers of rows that can be exported to
16,000. How do I fix it so that I can export more rows?

Chris E.

I am exporting via VBA so maybe there's a registry setting that sets a
default when exporting this way? When I do a manual export it works ok but
when I run the code it errors out.

wrote:

My Access 2002's export interface (ISAM) seems to be associated with earlier
versions of Excel and limits the numbers of rows that can be exported to
16,000. How do I fix it so that I can export more rows?

Myrna Larson

What code are you using for the export? If it's the TransferSpreadSheet
method, it has an argument that allows you to specify the Excel version. If
that's not the way you are doing it, perhaps you should use this method.

From Access Help:
The TransferSpreadsheet method carries out the TransferSpreadsheet action in
Visual Basic.

expression.TransferSpreadsheet(TransferType, SpreadsheetType, TableName,
FileName, HasFieldNames, Range, UseOA)

expression Required. An expression that returns one of the objects in the
Applies To list.

TransferType Optional AcDataTransferType.

AcDataTransferType can be one of these AcDataTransferType constants.
acExport
acImport default
acLink
If you leave this argument blank, the default constant (acImport) is
assumed.

SpreadsheetType Optional AcSpreadSheetType.

AcSpreadSheetType can be one of these AcSpreadSheetType constants.
acSpreadsheetTypeExcel3
acSpreadsheetTypeExcel4
acSpreadsheetTypeExcel5
acSpreadsheetTypeExcel7
acSpreadsheetTypeExcel8 default
acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9 default
acSpreadsheetTypeLotusWJ2 - Japanese version only
acSpreadsheetTypeLotusWK1
acSpreadsheetTypeLotusWK3
acSpreadsheetTypeLotusWK4