Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Toolbar

I've added icons to the toolbar, and I see a file called Excel12.xlb that
seems to be updated every time I close Excel (whether or not I make toolbar
changes). I deleted that file and reopened Excel. I expected to see just the
default toolbar, but I saw the same toolbar I thought I deleted. Where did
Excel get the toolbar information after I deleted the Excel12.xlb file? (Then
I didn't do anything to the toolbar and when I closed Excel, the Excel12.xlb
file was there again.)

Mary Fetsch

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you! Would you know if there's any way to store that on my network
drive and reference it from there? I've done that with my personal.xlsb
macro file by removing it from my C drive and placing it on my network drive
in a folder that I've designated as my Excel startup folder. (That way it
gets backed up up regularly with all my other network files.)

I tried to do the same thing with the Excel.qat file, but it's not
referencing it as my toolbar. It's just opening it as a file.

I'll appreciate any help you can give me on this.

Mary

"Mary Fetsch" wrote:

I've added icons to the toolbar, and I see a file called Excel12.xlb that
seems to be updated every time I close Excel (whether or not I make toolbar
changes). I deleted that file and reopened Excel. I expected to see just the
default toolbar, but I saw the same toolbar I thought I deleted. Where did
Excel get the toolbar information after I deleted the Excel12.xlb file? (Then
I didn't do anything to the toolbar and when I closed Excel, the Excel12.xlb
file was there again.)

Mary Fetsch

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can I set up my own custom toolbar, or can I only set buttons up on the Quick
Access Toolbar? Also, in Excel 2000, I was able to adjust the look of a
toolbar button and copy button images from one button to another. Is there
any way to do that in Excel 2007? I can't find one. Thanks!