Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jk jk is offline

Default excel question....... please help

I am trying to setup on excel where you use shortcut keys to put in a
sentence. For example( by pushing Ctrl 1 the sentence '' 3days not sent "
shows up. Can some one please tell me if this is possible and if so how do
you do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another possibility is to create a special character sequence in Auto
Correct. See if this is usable for your purposes or not. Click on

Tools/AutoCorrect Options...

on Excel's menu bar, type (as an example) ..3 (that is dot-dot-3) in the
Replace field and put "3 days not sent" in the With field, and OK out of the
dialog box. Now type ..3 in any cell and hit the Enter, an Arrow Key or
Space Bar key to watch the ..3 change to your phrase. You can set up as many
of the as you want... just think of an easy beginning "code" (the dot-dot in
my example) to just for you phrases and some number and/or letter
combination that you will remember links to the phrase you want.

Rick