Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MaR MaR is offline

Default Excel start-up requiring Frontpage disk?

Hello,

I am trying to start Excel, which I have used in the past. This time though,
I am being asked to insert the "Microsoft Office XP Professional with
FrontPage" disk.

Of course, I can't find that disk!

Why am I being asked to use that disk?
Why is it connected to FrontPage?

What can I do to get around this?

Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The only version of Office that came packaged with FrontPage was Office 2002(XP)
Professional..............AFAIK

You could try Detect and Repair from Help.

Or re-register Excel.........

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.

In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes required)OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:53:00 -0700, MAR wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to start Excel, which I have used in the past. This time though,
I am being asked to insert the "Microsoft Office XP Professional with
FrontPage" disk.

Of course, I can't find that disk!

Why am I being asked to use that disk?
Why is it connected to FrontPage?

What can I do to get around this?

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Any major update from say windows update will require the original
installation disks. This is not connecting to FrontPage, the original
install disks were Office XP with FrontPage. You will need to find the disk
or at best take a restore point in XP and roll it back pre the update, but
that is likely to be temporary as it will try and update again.

Best to find the disk

--
HTH
Nick Hodge