Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel in Frontpage

Hi

I hope someone here can help me, because I'm stumped. I've posted this
in a Frontpage group, but it was suggested that because the query
involves Excel, to try here.

I'm trying to set up an interface on a local office network, using
Frontpage as I can't write HTML for pants. The idea is to show all our
performance in one easy-to-use (ha!) package. The data is stored in
different .xls files.

The layout (frames) is: header, sidebar and main window. Selecting
different options in the sidebar open different spreadsheets in the
main window. All well and good.

I think the problem I'm having is that several of the spreadsheets have
command buttons to allow people to flick from worksheet to worksheet,
so a macro warning appears when the spreadsheet is selected.

When a spreadsheet using macro's is open in the main window, selecting
another option - 'Home' - in the sidebar, causes Explorer to freeze.
I'm only able to move forward by going to the Task Manager and ending
Excel.exe in the processes tab.

Does anyone know what's happening here and how to prevent it? And
advice is gratefully received.

Steve