Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Just adding

This is my formula C2=A2+B2
C3=A3+B3 and so on. Simple.
Now the difficulty comes when , let's say A4 and B4 are empty:
C4 will show 0.00 ( is money by the way).
I'd like in this case C4= empty or blank. No numbers or letters in C4.
Thanks.
--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''t know nothing.
I say : I don''t even know, I don''t

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter this formula in C2 and copy down as needed:

=IF(COUNT(A2:B2),A2+B2,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Learning Excel" wrote in message
This is my formula C2=A2+B2
C3=A3+B3 and so on. Simple.
Now the difficulty comes when , let's say A4 and B4 are empty:
C4 will show 0.00 ( is money by the way).
I'd like in this case C4= empty or blank. No numbers or letters in C4.
Thanks.
--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''t know nothing.
I say : I don''t even know, I don''t
know nothing.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome!

A "wise" man once said:

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are
known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know.
But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't
know."

Donald Rumsfeld

--
Biff