Lin Light

Default Adding *

I need to add an * to the end of all the numbers in my
Bib record column. Any suggestions. I was able to figure
out how to add in the front. Had to change a b to B and
add *, so it appears *B121212 now I need to had to the
end an * so I have *B121212*.
Lin

--
Lin Light Herrick District Library
ww

A simple way would be if Column A was your records so A1 is *B121212 insert two
new columns B and C. In column B1 put * and copy it down for all your
records.
Then in Column C for C1 just do =A1&B1 and copy that down for all your
records.
It'll combine the two columns to give you *B121212* Then you can just delete
Columns A and B.

"Lin Light" wrote:

I need to add an * to the end of all the numbers in my
Bib record column. Any suggestions. I was able to figure
out how to add in the front. Had to change a b to B and
add *, so it appears *B121212 now I need to had to the
end an * so I have *B121212*.
Lin

--
Lin Light Herrick District Library

Sandy Mann

Select the range that you want the addition on and run the Macro:

Sub AddIt()
For Each cell In Selection
cell.Value = cell.Value & "*"
Next cell