Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default adding ref #

I have a sheet that has a number of rows and that veries daily. Take todays,
the colum I'm checking is C. So there is data in C2 - C5, C7, C9-11. Now in
colum D I put 1,2,3... but not in the empty cells. So D5 would be 4 then D7
would be 5 and so on. So for today there would be 8. I was wanting to use a
formula in the D colum so if one of the rows was removed that the numbers
would adjust and I wouldn't have to renumber be low the row that was deleted.
Is there a formula I can put in there that would lood at the C colum and if
there was data put 1 then 2,3 and so on but skip rows that had empty cells.