Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copy workbook into multiple folders

Is there a way to copy a workbook into multiple folders without doing it one
at a time? I need to copy one workbook and place it into 50 folders.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob,

I am not familar with batch files could you give me an example?

Thanks,
Mike

"Bob I" wrote:

use a batch file

MIke wrote:

Is there a way to copy a workbook into multiple folders without doing it one
at a time? I need to copy one workbook and place it into 50 folders.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

make a txt file named something like COPY50.txt with contents with below
as example but use the correct paths.

Xcopy c:\original-directory\file.xls C:\other-directory1\file.xls
Xcopy c:\original-directory\file.xls C:\other-directory2\file.xls
Xcopy c:\original-directory\file.xls C:\other-directory3\file.xls

and so on.

Then when you have it all made and saved change the file name to
COPY50.bat, then you may double-click to run it and make your 50 copies
in the correct folders.

MIke wrote:

Bob,

I am not familar with batch files could you give me an example?

Thanks,
Mike

"Bob I" wrote:

use a batch file

MIke wrote:

Is there a way to copy a workbook into multiple folders without doing it one
at a time? I need to copy one workbook and place it into 50 folders.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome, have a great day!

MIke wrote:

Thanks. It worked great.

Mike

MIke wrote:

Bob,

I am not familar with batch files could you give me an example?

Thanks,
Mike

"Bob I" wrote:

use a batch file