Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to determine the cause of missing data after I importing data

I am trying to import data from one excel file to another.
It is a very straightforward operation.
However, a few columns of data are missing after the import.
If it is possible for data to be missed, I am hesitent to import data and
use them with templates.
I appreciate if anyone has had this problem and knows how to solve it.

Thanks,
Lesley

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think so. How are you "importing" the data? I would tend to
use copy & paste, and I've never had any problems about data being
left behind. Perhaps if you describe what you are doing in a bit more
detail this might jog the memory of someone who has encountered
similar problems.

Pete

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Do you have any hidden columns in your destination workbook?

Pete

On Oct 23, 10:52 pm, LMonro wrote:
I am trying to import data from one excel file to another.
It is a very straightforward operation.
However, a few columns of data are missing after the import.
If it is possible for data to be missed, I am hesitent to import data and
use them with templates.
I appreciate if anyone has had this problem and knows how to solve it.

Thanks,
Lesley- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am creating a template and using the "Import External Data" function under
the "Data" Menu. My goal is to set up automatic importing of the data so that
I can avoid the manual cut and paste (and human error associated) with every
new file update. If I do a standard cut and paste, there is no data missing.
If the data retreival isn't reliable, I need to abandon the automation.
I apprecaite any help you can give me.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Do you have any hidden columns in your destination workbook?

Pete

On Oct 23, 10:52 pm, LMonro wrote:
I am trying to import data from one excel file to another.
It is a very straightforward operation.
However, a few columns of data are missing after the import.
If it is possible for data to be missed, I am hesitent to import data and
use them with templates.
I appreciate if anyone has had this problem and knows how to solve it.

Thanks,
Lesley- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was hoping that someone else would come in, as I don't really have
any further advice I can give you. If you haven't had another reply
within a couple of days, perhaps you could post again?

Pete