Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Field Items deleted when unchecked in Pivot table

Hello,

I construct a pivot table. When I uncheck certain elements in the data field
drop down box, those items get deleted for ever. I have to go back to the
pivot chart wizard layout options to include them again.

However this is not observed in the case of row, column and page fields. I
have so many data items, and at time I would like to do analysis based on
only few elements and again i want all the elements back. This seems to be a
serious issue. Kindly help me.

--
Thanks
Anant
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you clear a checkbox in a row field dropdown list, you're hiding an
item in a pivot table field. The field remains in the pivot table
layout, and you can show the item again later, by restoring the item's
check mark.

If you right-click on a row field button, and click on Hide, the field
is removed from the pivot table layout, and you would have to drag it
back to the pivot table layout, in order to see it again.

When you clear a checkbox in a data field dropdown list, you're removing
the field from the pivot table layout. Just like a row field that was
hidden, you have to drag it back to the pivot table layout, in order to
see it again.

Anant wrote:
Hello,

I construct a pivot table. When I uncheck certain elements in the data field
drop down box, those items get deleted for ever. I have to go back to the
pivot chart wizard layout options to include them again.

However this is not observed in the case of row, column and page fields. I
have so many data items, and at time I would like to do analysis based on
only few elements and again i want all the elements back. This seems to be a
serious issue. Kindly help me.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures