DD1

Default Pivot Table - untick all items in row field

Can you please tell me if it is possible in Excel 2000 to uncheck or
de-select all items in the row field.
The reason being is that when a row field has 100s of items and you
only want to select a few of these items - it is very time consuming to
manually go through and uncheck all the ones that you don't want.
Excel by default has them all checked/ticked - and I would like to be
able to unchceck or de-select them all and then just select the one or
two that I want.
Is that possible?

--
DD1
DD1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25169

Debra Dalgleish

In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, the Show All checkbox isn't
available. You can use a macro to hide or show the items -- there's
sample code on my web site:

DD1 wrote:
Can you please tell me if it is possible in Excel 2000 to uncheck or
de-select all items in the row field.
The reason being is that when a row field has 100s of items and you
only want to select a few of these items - it is very time consuming to
manually go through and uncheck all the ones that you don't want.
Excel by default has them all checked/ticked - and I would like to be
able to unchceck or de-select them all and then just select the one or
two that I want.
Is that possible?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

DD1

Many thanks for answering that so quickly Debra. I really appreciate
your help.

--
DD1
DD1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25169
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386665

Debra Dalgleish

You're welcome! If you aren't familiar with using programming, there are
instructions here for copying the code to your workbook:

http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

and David McRitchie has instructions for getting started with macros:

DD1 wrote:
Many thanks for answering that so quickly Debra. I really appreciate
your help.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rmm30

I am having the same trouble.

I copied the code in to the workbook, but how do you use it?

--
rmm30

rmm30's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=8358
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386665