Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Highlighting segments of text as hyperlinks

I have an instructions page on the first worksheet in Excel workbook. I have
merged three columns and about 30 rows to display this text.

I would like to highlight selected words within this text to use as
hyperlinks to popup either a message box or userform which might contain
additional detail.

Anybody know a way to do this, or work around it?

Dale
--
Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Each cell can have a single hyperlink.

But you may be able to cheat.

If you're really careful, you could put a rectangles over each word/phrase, then
assign a different hyperlink to each of those rectangles.

If you hide the borders, it may look ok (and format the words/phrases so that
they look like links, too).

Dale Fye wrote:

I have an instructions page on the first worksheet in Excel workbook. I have
merged three columns and about 30 rows to display this text.

I would like to highlight selected words within this text to use as
hyperlinks to popup either a message box or userform which might contain
additional detail.

Anybody know a way to do this, or work around it?

Dale
--
Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.

--

Dave Peterson