Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MLP

Default Separating day time segments

I have a query set up from a third party database that gathers employee total
time worked. If I select to retrieve information for a large time period
(week, month) the total time worked is retrieved into Excel in the following
format:

2:08:30:35 (translated...2 days, 8 hours, 30 mins, 35 seconds)

The problem I've encountered is that Excel does not recognize that the first
number represents number of days so I cannot run any formulas from the data
(I get all #values). What I'd like to do is find a way to separate that
first number (days) from the rest of the time total. Once it's broken up I
can just multiply the first number by 24 to get the conversion to hours.

Can anyone help me find a way to pull out the first number without changing
the remaining piece of the time?

Thanks.