Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MLP

Default Separating day time segments

That's perfect! Thank you.

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

=LEFT(A1,FIND(":",A1)-1) will return days#

HTH
--
AP

"MLP" a écrit dans le message de news:
I have a query set up from a third party database that gathers employee
total
time worked. If I select to retrieve information for a large time period
(week, month) the total time worked is retrieved into Excel in the
following
format:

2:08:30:35 (translated...2 days, 8 hours, 30 mins, 35 seconds)

The problem I've encountered is that Excel does not recognize that the
first
number represents number of days so I cannot run any formulas from the
data
(I get all #values). What I'd like to do is find a way to separate that
first number (days) from the rest of the time total. Once it's broken up
can just multiply the first number by 24 to get the conversion to hours.

Can anyone help me find a way to pull out the first number without
changing
the remaining piece of the time?

Thanks.