Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove Toolbars and Menus but keep print button

I have been tasked with creating a spread sheet that is as secure as
possible. Not easy through excel I know. I have installed passwords, Macros
on of which removes the print function and the other that removes all the
menus and tool bars. However I have been asked to put the print button back
in evidently Ctrl-P is too difficult for some! Is there anyway to just have
the print button show only? It would be best if it would show only on one
tab. I have basically a tab that is required for input and another called
€śprint tab€ť. If they had 1 button on the print tab only it would sure make
my life easier€¦ Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

--
L Weber
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could put a button on the sheet attached to this macro:

Public Sub PrintSheet
ActiveSheet.Printout
End Sub

As far as "as secure as possible"...just emphasize that, even with all
the things you've done, you're basically doomed against a moderately
curious person who can find these newsgroups.

In article ,
L Weber wrote:

I have been tasked with creating a spread sheet that is as secure as
possible. Not easy through excel I know. I have installed passwords, Macros
on of which removes the print function and the other that removes all the
menus and tool bars. However I have been asked to put the print button back
in evidently Ctrl-P is too difficult for some! Is there anyway to just have
the print button show only? It would be best if it would show only on one
tab. I have basically a tab that is required for input and another called
€śprint tab€ť. If they had 1 button on the print tab only it would sure make
my life easier€¦ Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JE,
How do I attach a macro to a button?
--
L Weber

L Weber wrote:

I have been tasked with creating a spread sheet that is as secure as
possible. Not easy through excel I know. I have installed passwords, Macros
on of which removes the print function and the other that removes all the
menus and tool bars. However I have been asked to put the print button back
in evidently Ctrl-P is too difficult for some! Is there anyway to just have
the print button show only? It would be best if it would show only on one
tab. I have basically a tab that is required for input and another called
€œprint tab€. If they had 1 button on the print tab only it would sure make
my life easier€¦ Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the button is from the Forms toolbar, right-click the button
and choose Assign Macro.