Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Graham Haughs

Default Missing menus and toolbars

This is really a question as to why something happened, as thanks to
searching this Group I managed to sort the problem through some
instructions I found from Gord Dibbon. The problem was that excel
suddenly loaded with no menu bar at the top whatsoever. I resolved this
as per found instructions in the Group using the immediate window but
then I found that there were no tool bars available. I searched for and
renamed all the .xlb files and this solved it. I am grateful at being
able to have access to a facility such as this Group to solve the
problem but can anyone advise as to how it could have happened in the
first place. There was no programming going on with my colleague whom
this happened to, and she has just been working very simple
spreadsheets. If there could be a whole plethora of reasons it doesn't
really matter but if there is something specifically likely to have
caused it then I would welcome any advice.

Graham Haughs
Turriff
Scotland
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I have no idea why it happens (I don't recall it happening to me ever), but I've
read enough posts to know that it happens to others.

So when I create my toolbar (or make changes to it), I'll back it up into a nice
location.

It doesn't explain why, but it only takes moments to get back to what I had
before.

Some notes from David McRitchie on backups (if you're interested):
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm

--

Dave Peterson