Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filled cells dont appear as filled

How do I get my cells to show up as filled on my monitor? The cells are
filled yellow and if you preview the page they are filled and if you print
they are filled but they dont show as filled otherwise. What to do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check to see if you have high contrast turned on in windows under
startsettingscontrol panelaccessibility options

Peo Sjoblom

"SMILLS" wrote in message
How do I get my cells to show up as filled on my monitor? The cells are
filled yellow and if you preview the page they are filled and if you print
they are filled but they dont show as filled otherwise. What to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pressed Alt + Left shift + Print screen and that worked.
Thanks for the help

"SMILLS" wrote:

How do I get my cells to show up as filled on my monitor? The cells are
filled yellow and if you preview the page they are filled and if you print
they are filled but they dont show as filled otherwise. What to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Neither changing the accessibility option or the ALT + Left shift + print
screen worked for me. The data appeared the last time that I opened these
document. It appears in the formula box at the top of the page, but it
doesn't appear in the cell on my monitor.

Also, only the data in some cells doesn't appear - I can see data in other
cells. Does anyone have a clue what has caused this and more importantly how
I can get all of my data to appear?
--
Newbie

"SMILLS" wrote:

How do I get my cells to show up as filled on my monitor? The cells are
filled yellow and if you preview the page they are filled and if you print
they are filled but they dont show as filled otherwise. What to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps the cells you don't see have their font formatted to white?

If you can see the data in the formula bar but not the cell that would be my
best guess.

OR the cells have been custom formatted to ;;;

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:27:00 -0700, Newbie
wrote:

Neither changing the accessibility option or the ALT + Left shift + print
screen worked for me. The data appeared the last time that I opened these
document. It appears in the formula box at the top of the page, but it
doesn't appear in the cell on my monitor.

Also, only the data in some cells doesn't appear - I can see data in other
cells. Does anyone have a clue what has caused this and more importantly how
I can get all of my data to appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. The white font was one of the first things I checked for. That is not
the problem. I did make sure that the cells were formatted to text. I'm not
sure what formatted to ;;; is. When I opened the file today, the text
appears. (Twightlight Zone)
--
Newbie

wrote:

Neither changing the accessibility option or the ALT + Left shift + print
screen worked for me. The data appeared the last time that I opened these
document. It appears in the formula box at the top of the page, but it
doesn't appear in the cell on my monitor.

Also, only the data in some cells doesn't appear - I can see data in other
cells. Does anyone have a clue what has caused this and more importantly how
I can get all of my data to appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Glad you're sorted.

To hide the contents of a cell go to FormatCellsNumberCustom.

Enter 3 semi-colons ;;;

Gord