Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel file acting odd

I was working with several small files, making minor changes. I minimized
one of files but it didn't go away completely. I could only clear it by
closing Excel. Now when I open the file only part of the sheet shows up. I
can see the column headings and row numbers, but the tabs at the bottom are
not visible. Also, the sheet has a lot of blue space around it. Excel is
maximized and it looks like the sheet is partially minimized and shifted to
the bottom of the screen. I cannot expand the sheet and cannot drag it to a
new location in the screen. I have tried various views and have varied the
options for tiling, cascading, etc, but nothing works. If I go to Full
Screen view I can see the tabs at the bottom, but it still has a lot of blue
space around it and I still cannot move around in the screen.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure I understand what's going on, but try this. Press Alt and the minus key.
Select Move. See if moving the document (workbook) window will fix things. After Alt -
minus, you can use either the mouse or the arrow keys to move the window.
--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...