Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default read-only option not appearing on file menu

It seems that some people can see the read-only option on their file menu and
others cannot. Is this an option that can be changed?

I can't possibly protect every file so as a safety precaution we like to
open files with the read-only option when we just want to take a look at
something or print something.

Thanks
Marnie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

<<<"I can't possibly protect every file "

FWIW ... you can select all (or as many as you wish) files in *Windows
Explorer*,
And right click in the selection and click on "Properties",
And in the "General" tab, under "Attributes",
Click on "Read Only" to change them all in one fell swoop.

RD