Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pick List - Shorten KeyStrokes

I have a worksheet with a pick list with numerous entries. Since I have so
many entries in the pick list, I would to type in the first several
characters within the pick list and display the entries within the pick list
after the seveal characters that I type in.

Please help me shorten my keystrokes entering values into a cell from my
pick list.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A pick list is one which is formed by the entries above a cell and works as you
describe.

Perhaps you are referring to a Drop Down list created by Data
ValidationAllowList?

There is no autocomplete for this type of list.

You can use a combobox which has autocomplete features.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP