Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LOU LOU is offline

Default Sum first five vaules of changing range

I have about 1000 rows of sales data, going back about 2.5 years. I need the
first five months sales for each row, but as they were all launched on
different dates, it's proving tricky.

I'm sure there has to be an easier way to do this than selecting the values
for each row at a time, but just now I can't for the life of me think how to
do it!

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tell us how the data is arranged
Do we have dates and data
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lou" wrote in message
I have about 1000 rows of sales data, going back about 2.5 years. I need
the
first five months sales for each row, but as they were all launched on
different dates, it's proving tricky.

I'm sure there has to be an easier way to do this than selecting the
values
for each row at a time, but just now I can't for the life of me think how
do it!

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LOU LOU is offline

I have sales data by month/year, and a release date for each product

eg:

product code date of release Jan-05 Oct-06 May-07Jun-07
1101 01-Dec-04 19 17 6 7
1102 19-Oct-06 22 9 9
1103 07-Sep-06 26 19 13
1104 24-May-07 6 11

hope this helps

Lou

"Lou" wrote in message
I have about 1000 rows of sales data, going back about 2.5 years. I need
the
first five months sales for each row, but as they were all launched on
different dates, it's proving tricky.

I'm sure there has to be an easier way to do this than selecting the
values
for each row at a time, but just now I can't for the life of me think how
do it!

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

not tested but try something like
=sumproduct((month(b2:b22)=month(b2))*month(b2:b2 2)<=month(b2)+5)*c2:c22)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel