Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel automatically divides number by 100

Hi,

I am having a problem with Excel. Whenever I enter a number in a cell, excel
divides it by 100 and then stores it. So when I enter 12 for example, then
the number is stored as 0.12. A 100 is stored as 1. So seems like there is
some setting which is causing this. However, I am not able to figure out what.

Also, when I enter "=sum(100, 12)" in a cell, the number is stored correctly
as 112. Also, if the value is stored as text and then converted to a number,
the number is shown correctly.

I am using Excel 2003 SP2, on Windows XP Professional, and have the Solver
addin installed. This has started happening in the last couple of weeks.

Please help!

Thanks,

Ravi Budhia