JohnO

Default Excel divides number by 10e6 unless followed by decimal point.

When I type a number into a cell Excel displays the number divided by
1,000,000 unless the number is followed by a decimal point. What can I do to
change this?

Fredrik Wahlgren

"JohnO" wrote in message
When I type a number into a cell Excel displays the number divided by
1,000,000 unless the number is followed by a decimal point. What can I do

change this?

Format|Cells select number and number of decimals
/Fredrik

Dave Peterson

Tools|options|Edit tab
uncheck that "fixed decimal places" box.

--

Dave Peterson
JohnO

This is not a question of simply formating the cell, and specifying the
number of decimal points. General, Text, Number (with zero points) cell
formats all have the same result when a number is entered into the cell.

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"JohnO" wrote in message
When I type a number into a cell Excel displays the number divided by
1,000,000 unless the number is followed by a decimal point. What can I do

change this?

Format|Cells select number and number of decimals
/Fredrik

JohnO

It worked. THANK YOU!!!

John O'Donnell

===========================

JohnO wrote:

When I type a number into a cell Excel displays the number divided by
1,000,000 unless the number is followed by a decimal point. What can I do to
change this?

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

John

ToolsOptionsEdit. Uncheck "Fixed Decimal Places".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP