Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel If Then Question - Part 2

When I make an entry into A1, then B1 populates
with date/time stamp, which is what I want. However, when I make an
entry into A2, then B2 puts in a date/time stamp BUT it also changes
B1 to that date and time. How can I make it so that column B (and
subsequent columns) does not change with each new entry in column A?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you use a formula that uses =now(), then this will reevaluate each time excel
recalcs.

You could use an event macro like the one at J.E. McGimpsey's site:

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use an event macro like the one at J.E. McGimpsey's site:http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html

" wrote:

When I make an entry into A1, then B1 populates
with date/time stamp, which is what I want. However, when I make an
entry into A2, then B2 puts in a date/time stamp BUT it also changes
B1 to that date and time. How can I make it so that column B (and
subsequent columns) does not change with each new entry in column A?

--

Dave Peterson

Per the McGimpsey web page, I used the circular reference and this
worked for me. Thanks for pointing me there.