Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Two part question about dates and highlighting

Hello from Steved

I have the date in cell A5 which is 11/12/06

Firstly after 24 hours are up I wold the cell E5 to be highlited with the
color purple.

Secondly the same as above but after 3 daysin cell F5, and also after 1 week
in cell G5.

Thankyou. ps there are over 100 rows.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select E5, then,
<Format <ConditionalFormat
Choose <Formula Is,
And enter this:
=AND(A50,TODAY()A5)

Click on "Format", and choose the Pattern color you wish, then <OK <OK.

Next, select F5, do the same, and use this formula:
=AND(A50,TODAY()-3A5)

Finally, select G5, and use this formula:
=AND(A50,TODAY()-7A5)

NOW, select all 3 cells, and click on the "Format Painter" icon (yellow
paint brush) on the tool bar.
Then click in E6 and drag down and across to G106.

This should copy the conditional formats to all your pertinent cells.
--
HTH,

RD

"Steved" wrote in message
Hello from Steved

I have the date in cell A5 which is 11/12/06

Firstly after 24 hours are up I wold the cell E5 to be highlited with the
color purple.

Secondly the same as above but after 3 daysin cell F5, and also after 1
week
in cell G5.

Thankyou. ps there are over 100 rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello RagDyer

Thanks for takening timeout, I tried Conditional format but I was using an
incorrect formula, and having your reply and installing your formulas I
thankyou.