Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kat Kat is offline

Default Conditional Formatting - dates

How do I apply conditional formatting to highlight dates that are less than
todays date (today's date should automatically update to the current days
date) Hope this makes sense. It is for purposes of highlighting expired
qualifications. Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try to select the cell
in conditional formating
"Cell Value is" less than =today(), then set format

"KAT" ...
How do I apply conditional formatting to highlight dates that are less
than
todays date (today's date should automatically update to the current days
date) Hope this makes sense. It is for purposes of highlighting expired
qualifications. Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

supposed that the column A contain the date,
Select Column A
condition formating
Formula is =and(a1<today(),isblank(a1)=false))

"KAT" ...

"bobocat" wrote:

try to select the cell
in conditional formating
"Cell Value is" less than =today(), then set format

"KAT" ...

How do I apply conditional formatting to highlight dates that are less
than
todays date (today's date should automatically update to the current
days
date) Hope this makes sense. It is for purposes of highlighting expired
qualifications. Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eva Eva is offline

How do you creat a conditional format for a group of dates containing dates
of a course booked and then in another column with the expirey date of either
3 years or 1095 days and then in another colum set a condition to give 3
months warning before the expirey date and can I just select the column with
that information using e.g A$ ?? if I sent the cell value to be 1095 days(the
whole column as the couse will always need refreshing after 3 years
--
Eva

"bobocat" wrote:

try to select the cell
in conditional formating
"Cell Value is" less than =today(), then set format

"KAT" ...

How do I apply conditional formatting to highlight dates that are less
than
todays date (today's date should automatically update to the current
days
date) Hope this makes sense. It is for purposes of highlighting expired
qualifications. Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Eva,

Can't fully understodd your question.

supposed that in Column A = Date of Course booked ,Column B = Expirey date,
Column C=Remark
if A2 = 2003/12/25,
then at B2 =date(year(a1)+3,month(a2),day(a2) which is 2006/12/25
at C2 =if(b2=today(), "expired", if(datedif(today(),b2,"MD")=3, "warning",
""))

If you want cell b2 have conditional formating, then you can set:
"formula is" =c2="warning"

Bobocat

"bobocat" wrote:

try to select the cell
in conditional formating
"Cell Value is" less than =today(), then set format

"KAT" ...

How do I apply conditional formatting to highlight dates that are
less
than
todays date (today's date should automatically update to the current
days
date) Hope this makes sense. It is for purposes of highlighting
expired
qualifications. Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eva Eva is offline

--
Eva

"bobocat" wrote:

try to select the cell
in conditional formating
"Cell Value is" less than =today(), then set format

"KAT" ...

How do I apply conditional formatting to highlight dates that are
less
than
todays date (today's date should automatically update to the current
days
date) Hope this makes sense. It is for purposes of highlighting
expired
qualifications. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bobcat

Thanks alot for this it does make sense, but my date format is 12/11/2006
etc and I have inserted the your suggestions but nothing is happening , where
should I be putting in the code , I have set the spreadsheet up to your
examples and the "course start date is in COL A , ROW 2"- I have put the
first code in the formula bar in Col b Row 2 but it still does not return any
data,have then tried it at the top of COL a in the formula bar, should I be
putting the formula you have provided by using FORMAT , CONDITIONAL
FORMATTING and have tried both CELL VALUE IS and FORMULA IS but still no joy
I realise this is basic but I have not used excel for a while and have been
thrown in the deep end and really appreciate your help

I have formated the cells to date type UK style the version of excel is 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eva Eva is offline

--
Eva

"Eva" wrote:

Thanks alot for this it does make sense, but my date format is 12/11/2006

etc and I have inserted the your suggestions but nothing is happening , where
should I be putting in the code , I have set the spreadsheet up to your
examples and the "course start date is in COL A , ROW 2"- I have put the
first code in the formula bar in Col b Row 2 but it still does not return any
data,have then tried it at the top of COL a in the formula bar, should I be
putting the formula you have provided by using FORMAT , CONDITIONAL
FORMATTING and have tried both CELL VALUE IS and FORMULA IS but still no joy
I realise this is basic but I have not used excel for a while and have been
thrown in the deep end and really appreciate your help

I have formated the cells to date type UK style the version of excel is 2003

Sorry I think I posted this response in the wrong place

Have booked myself in for a course on excel early next but need the
assitance now-Thanks
--
Eva